The Natchez Trace Market, managed by the Loveless Cafe GP, is seeking individuals with experience in the gas station/convenience store atmosphere.
Part-time and Full-time positions are available, with a variety of shifts.
$100-$150 SIGNING BONUS OFFERED PAID WITHIN YOUR FIRST 2 CHECKS!
Excellent benefits are available for eligible employees such as:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and various supplemental insurances.
- Matched 401(k)/ROTH.
- Student Loan Payment (Gradifi).
- Paid Parental Leave for new mothers and fathers.
- Paid Time Off.
- Holiday Pay.
- Professional Development opportunities.
- Fun employee events throughout the year.
Promoting from within the company is encouraged and practiced regularly.
As a Convenience Store Sales Associate working in our store, you'll be responsible for overseeing the daily operations. You will be expected to have flexible availability to support the business operations. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate, determined, and driven to succeed. Someone who handles unexpected situations with complete clarity and focus. A positive attitude and dependability are must-have traits to be successful in this role. In this role, you will directly contribute to the inclusive and friendly environment that has helped establish our company as the iconic brand that it is today.
Below are the responsibilities required in each area of operation:
Guest and Customer Service:
- Happily greets guests when they walk in the door and thank them for their visit as they leave.
- Maintains a positive tone when speaking with others.
- Adjusts communication style to best accommodate the needs of the audience.
- Attends and assists customers with any needs or questions.
- May be required to assist with fueling tanks.
- Accepts multiple forms of payments and maintains the balance of the cash drawer.
- Operates the register and credit card machines.
- Prepares cash for daily deposits.
- Maintains store inventory.
- Stocks and re-stocks the shelves, replenishing products in shelving, coolers, and hot food areas.
- Prepares and handles food.
- Performs routine maintenance on beverage machines to assure cleanliness standards.
- Maintains and refills the outside washing dispensers, if applicable.
- Maintains clean and orderly stations by cleaning windows and countertops, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping floors, organizing shelves, etc.
- Services and cleans public restrooms as needed.
Other Role Accountabilities:
- Acts as a role model for all elements of the store culture and core values, and consistently models behaviors that drive results.
- Remains even-keeled and calm when under pressure, maintaining a controlled, professional manner at all times.
You would be a top candidate for this position if you offer the following:
- At least 1 year of experience, preferably in fast food, retail, restaurant, or convenience environment.
- Stable work history.
- A reliable individual who shows up on time and is ready to hit the ground running upon arrival.
- Prior cashier experience,
- Takes personal pride in all that you do.
- Strong communication skills; must be able to speak, read, and understand English.
- Excellent interpersonal, guest service, and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings/nights, and special events as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (carrying cases of milk, etc.), perform repeated bending, standing, reaching.
- Have sufficient visual ability to check identification and process credit card transactions.
- Reads each situation and reacts productively to an ever-changing environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to a change, can multitask.
- Have basic math skills for counting money.
- Have Propane training.
Why join our company?
The Loveless Cafe is locally owned and operated in Nashville, which means that every purchase supports local jobs, causes, and community initiatives. Our company has been a part of the Nashville community for generations, and we do our best to give back at every opportunity. To demonstrate, we even have a dedicated Community Relations Specialist on-site! Transparent leadership, competitive benefits, and a safe, enjoyable work environment are key drivers in our company culture. We are committed to not only providing a great experience for our customers and community but also an inclusive space to foster employee ambitions. Our commitment to these core values enables us to cultivate our employees' professional strengths and help each individual achieve their full potential.
The Loveless Cafe GP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and maintaining a capable and committed workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V