The Loveless Cafe is a popular restaurant with an abundant amount of history and a wonderful reputation in the Nashville area. Loveless Events encompasses on-site events and catering in both the Barn and the Harpeth Room (on-site event space) as well as off-site catering in the Nashville area, always providing a sophisticated southern experience.
Excellent benefits are available such as:
This position is eligible for a $100-$150 signing bonus!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and various supplemental insurances
- Company Matched 401(k)/ROTH
- Student Loan Payment plan (Gradifi)
- Paid Parental Leave for new mothers and fathers
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Professional Development opportunities
- Employee discounts
The majority of benefits are available after 90-days of employment for eligible employees.
The Loveless Events team is seeking an Event Supervisor, below is the job description for this position.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to demonstrate to the following:
- Be a confident leader, able to multitask and adjust to last minute changes.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, guests, and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
The Event Supervisor will oversee the day-to-day operation and execution of events while also carrying out the details and plans described in the Banquet Event Order. They will act as the venue representative, liaison for the client and leader of the front of house staff. They will demonstrate excellent communication skills with team members, have a superb work ethic and confident demeanor.
- Lead the execution of events in the Loveless Barn, Harpeth Room, Offsite location, or Food Truck.
- Review the Banquet Event Order every Tuesday and carry out the details of the BEO during each event.
- Create and assign server duties needed to execute event.
- Develop and train employees to equip them with the skills needed to be successful.
- Anticipate client needs and accommodate as needed.
- Identify and resolve any issues that may arise in a pro-active and positive manner.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the work areas, event rooms and storage spaces.
- Uphold the rules, regulations and policies set forth by Loveless Events.
- Protect the various licenses held by Loveless Events.
- Pack, load, and unload vans for offsite events.
- Prior experience in a supervisory role managing employees.
- Previous Banquet Service, Catering and/or Event Venue experience.
- Excellent oral, reading and written communication skills, including the use of email.
- Superior work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License with the ability to drive large vans and navigate to various venues.
- ABC Certified required prior or immediately after hire.
- Must have availability to work a changing schedule.
- Must have availability to work every Tuesday 9am-5pm and also event-based hrs that include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have reliable form of transportation.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in non-climate controlled environments.
- Must be able to stand during entire shift, which can be up to 12hrs.
- Must be able to reach, bend and stoop frequently.
- Serve Safe Certified a plus
- Knowledge of Square Software
- Knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to work in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Supportive team player that is willing to be hands-on with staff and operations.
- Creative, highly motivated, and enthusiastic while implementing company policies, standards, programs, and procedures.
- $20/hour plus additional gratuity and bonus eligibility.
- 30-45 hours per week depending on Events.
Why Join our Company?
The Loveless Cafe is locally owned and operated in Nashville, which means that every purchase supports local jobs, causes, and community initiatives. Our company has been a part of the Nashville community for generations, and we do our best to give back at every opportunity. To demonstrate, we even have a dedicated Community Relations Specialist on-site! Transparent leadership, competitive benefits and a safe, enjoyable work environment are key drivers in our company culture. We are committed to not only providing a great experience for our customers and community, but also an inclusive space to foster employee ambitions. Our commitment to these core values enable us to cultivate our employees' professional strengths and help each individual achieve their full potential.
The Loveless Cafe GP is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and maintaining a capable and committed workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V