The Loveless Cafe is an iconic restaurant with abundant history and a wonderful reputation in the Nashville area. Excellent benefits are available such as:
$150 SIGNING BONUS!
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance & flexible supplemental insurances.
- Company Matched 401(k) - free money to help build your retirement.
- Student Loan Payment Plan - we will help pay your student loans.
- Paid Parental Leave - available for new mothers and fathers.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid holidays.
- Professional Development opportunities.
Benefits are available for eligible employees beginning as early as 60 days! Promoting from within the company is encouraged and practiced regularly.
The Loveless Cafe is currently seeking an experienced Line Cook to accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products and prepare and portion food products before cooking.
Note: Must be able to work nights.
*** Please make sure you are comfortable with our location and commute before applying. **
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepares various meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products before cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area, including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish setup for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- HS Diploma/GED or 4+ years experience.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
Special Position Requirements:
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have availability to work a changing schedule.
- Will work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Candidates with experience making food from scratch are preferred.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Self-starter can also motivate others.
- Commitment to making every dish the best quality possible.
- Organized and clean when working in the kitchen.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Able to take and give directions.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Supportive team player.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Be physically able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
Why Join our Company?
The Loveless Cafe is locally owned and operated in Nashville, which means that every purchase supports local jobs, causes, and community initiatives. Our company has been a part of the Nashville community for generations, and we do our best to give back at every opportunity. To demonstrate, we even have a dedicated Community Relations Specialist on-site! Transparent leadership, competitive benefits, and a safe, enjoyable work environment are key drivers in our company culture. We are committed to providing a great experience for our customers and community and inclusive space to foster employee ambitions. Our commitment to these core values enables us to cultivate our employees' professional strengths and help each individual achieve their full potential.
If you seek a career with a great company that offers growth potential and is interested in this position, please respond with a little information about yourself and your contact information.
The Loveless Cafe GP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and maintaining a capable and committed workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V