The Loveless Cafe is an iconic restaurant with an abundant amount of history and a wonderful reputation in the Nashville area. The Loveless is now managing a fairly new food concept called the Loveless Biscuit Kitchen, located in the Shell gas station on the corner of Hwy 100 and McCrory Lane. Be part of our newest team today!
$150 SIGNING BONUS PAID WITHIN YOUR FIRST 2 PAY CYCLES!
Excellent benefits are available such as:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance & flexible supplemental insurances.
- Company Matched 401(k) - free money to help build your retirement.
- Student Loan Payment Plan - we will help pay your student loans.
- Paid Parental Leave - available for new mothers and fathers.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid holidays.
- Professional Development opportunities.
Benefits are available for eligible employees beginning as early as 60 days, promoting from within the company is encouraged and practiced regularly! Seeking both part-time and full-time associates for first or second shifts: (6am-2pm or 1pm-9pm).
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you are comfortable with our location and commute before applying.
Sell and serve food and drinks in a professional manner, providing an excellent experience for all customers and guests of the establishment. Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also, perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead all shifts as scheduled.
- Complete administrative duties as assigned.
- Greet customers as they approach the counter and/or drive-thru.
- Interact with all guests in a friendly and fast manner.
- Provide guests with information regarding the day’s deals and discount options.
- Maintain current knowledge of menu items to assist customers in making decisions.
- Take orders and enter them into the POS system.
- Take cash and credit or debit cards against orders and tender change and process cards.
- Inform customers of the amount of time it will take for their order to be prepared.
- Relay food orders to the kitchen and follow up on it.
- Assist in preparing/packing orders and ensure that condiments/napkins/utensils are included.
- Fill drinks from fountains and ask customers about their preferences for ice.
- Hand customers their orders and thank them for their business.
- Ensure counters and dining tables are kept clean and sanitized at all times.
- Tally cash register at the end of each shift and report any discrepancies immediately.
- Communicate with vendors/suppliers to ensure that adequate stock of supplies is maintained.
- Prepare and serve food items to dine-in customers.
- Strive to exceed our guests’ expectations
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform
- Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential
- Re-stocking of supplies and inventory
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing, or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef or manager-on-duty.
- Conflict Resolution.
- Customer Focus.
- Food Safety.
- Time Management.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- High School Diploma/GED or 4+ years experience.
- Prior experience in kitchen preparation and cooking is preferred.
Special Position Requirements:
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
- Must have availability to work a changing schedule.
- Will work nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Serve Safe Certified.
- Prompt and Reliable.
- Self-starter can also motivate others.
- Commitment to making every dish the best quality possible.
- Organized and clean.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Able to take and give direction.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, and serving personnel.
Why Join our Company?
The Loveless Cafe is locally owned and operated in Nashville, which means that every purchase supports local jobs, causes, and community initiatives. Our company has been a part of the Nashville community for generations, and we do our best to give back at every opportunity. To demonstrate, we even have a dedicated Community Relations Specialist on-site! Transparent leadership, competitive benefits, and a safe, enjoyable work environment are key drivers in our company culture. We are committed to not only providing a great experience for our customers and community but also an inclusive space to foster employee ambitions. Our commitment to these core values enable us to cultivate our employees' professional strengths and help each individual achieve their full potential.
The Loveless Cafe GP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and maintaining a capable and committed workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
Starting Pay: $16 - $18 per hour DOE + Tips.